Friday, January 23, 2009

The First Week

Buongiorno!
I have finally made it to the destination of Paderno del Grappa, Italy. It was a long, long trip! This week has gone by pretty quickly. Classes here are much different than in the US. My statistics teacher is from Brazil. My Journalism Ethics class is from England. My Italian teacher is from Italy...makes sense. Then my Communication teacher is from Delaware. Adjusting to the time has been difficult. Adjusting to the Italian lifestyle has been even more difficult. The staff here have been great and very helpful.
The getting here from Texas wasn't as hard as I imagined. I met up with three people at DFW and we traveled together. We actually met another guy in DFW who was doing the program as well. So I traveled with Cody, Rachel, and Kyle all rom Tech and the Jacob traveled with us as well, he is from Kansas State. Together we made the trek from DFW to Frankfurt and then from Frankfurt to Venice. The flights were long but smooth. None of us really got any sleep on the plane rides. Our flight was delayed into Venice which was not good because we only had a limited amount of time to get to figure out everything. We had to get our baggage (which luckily it all made it), we had to buy a bus pass to take us to the train station in Venice. Then we had to buy a train ticket and get on a train to Bassano. From Bassono we got on another bus that took us to the school in Paderno. We got here and checked in and then had dinner and a meeting.
Then Tuesday, bright and early, I had a class at 8 a.m. It has just taken some time to get adjusted. More of everything later!

1 comment:

  1. You and Winnie have a great time!! Can't wait to see the scrapbook for this adventure.

    Love ya
    Tina

    ReplyDelete