Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some of You are Wondering







Ok. So this week was long and I'm glad it's over and done with. The first week is supposed to be the hardest part of the program. My classes are going to be a lot of work but a lot of fun! My schedule is this:



MWF: (all afternoon classes)



Elementary Italian with Professoressa De Nardi (from Italy)
Business Communication with Dr. Bunnell (from Delaware)
TTh:(all morning classes)
Statistics with Dr. Foulds (at 8 a.m...ugh!) (from Brazil)
Media Ethics with Dr. Standish (from Oxford, England)
Half way through the semester the days switch. Like, I will go to my TTh classes on MWF instead...not looking forward to that.

A lot of you want to know about the food here. I have only eaten off of campus once. I had a vegetarian panini. It was really good. The food on campus, I assume, represents what a lot of meals in Italy are like. Breakfast mainly consists of sweet things. No like bacon, sausage and eggs here. They have like sweet rolls, cream filled pastries, cereal, yogurt, lots of different juices and hot chocolate. Lunch and dinner usually have like 2 pastas to choose from (dinner also usually has a soup to choose as well instead of pasta), then there are usually 2 meats to choose from with some vegetables, a salad and water to drink.


I don't have class at all this week. We have our CAP activities all this week. We have been put into groups and will be with them this week. Then I will start my LIFE program on Thursday as well.


We went to Crespano Sunday morning. It is about a km away. So we just walked. They have a market there every Sunday from 9-1. It was HUGE. It was a lot of fun. We just walked around and looked at everything. It reminded me of a flea market back in the states. We ate at a pub in while we were there. There were 7 of us total. Cody, Rachel, Kyle, Jacob, Claire, Matt, and then me. We had a good time. Pictures are above from our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment